Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies




I'm such a cheat taking a photo of the book but it was faster! I have taken to doing that with recipes I like from books. Who has time to write them down or photocopy them? Works perfectly.



I love love this cookbook I picked up at Community Food Co-op (http://www.communityfood.coop/) in Bellingham where these authors are from. Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre provide over 200 gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free recipes and they are fantastic. 

Just a few ingredients and a food processor this was really easy to make.  Packed with tons of protein and fibre these bars are a great breakfast on the go or snack in between meals.
I didn't have enough hazelnuts so I added roasted cashews that I had. I am reading about the value of rehydrating raw nuts (soaking them) before consuming them and will post later about it.

It did get a little thick in the processor so I found it helpful to remove half of the batter and process it separately as all the dates did not blend as easily as before.

  

I put coconut inside as well as on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment